Saturday 8 February 2014

UK Mail Dickheads!

I spent an entire day yesterday waiting for the delivery of a flight case that never came. It was so important that I did not miss this delivery that I waited in complete silence so that I did not miss the knock or ring at the door when it arrived. It never did, and worse still, the crew charged with its delivery lied and claimed they had attempted a delivery at 16.10. If so how come I never received a 'Sorry we missed you card' This illustrious company is called UK Mail and their website is also crap, what is the use of a tracking capability in the site that simply tells you "It's in a van, somewhere" and what good is it when there is no phone number on their site to ring if things go wrong and how come there is no information on their website about what happens when a delivery fails to occur? Do they try to deliver the next day, do they forget about it and wait for you to complain, do they deliver on Saturdays (No, unless you pay extra). Do they successfully deliver at all?

This is putting my entire Brazilian tour in jeopardy as I have no way to protect my guitar from four loadings at airports and the entire three week tour.

Update:

Just spoken to them, despite having the correct address, they tried to deliver to a house with a blue door, there is no house with a blue door in our street so they basically decided to call it a day and then lied about attempting to deliver. No longer that crew's problem, it's now someone else's. Mine!
Get this, I leave England Monday night and need the flight case to do so, and all they can offer is a delivery between 9am and 6pm on Monday. Do I trust them to successfully deliver? Do I live in cloud cuckoo land?
No, to be sure,  I now have to go to Basildon to pick it up, so now I would have wasted one whole day and an entire morning on these dickheads!

Avoid UKmail delivery like the Plague, oh, btw, Flight Case warehouse use them, beware!



  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats Ridiculous!!!:-o
What a lazy company