Monday 20 January 2014

DJ Stevie D

Wrist is much better today after yesterday having it bound up in a bandage on top of lashings of deep heat and a full dosage of Ibuprofen. However I feel distinctly under the weather which is not how I need to be with all of the things I need to get ready before I go away.

One of the things I am doing at the moment is selecting a number of tracks to be played before my first gig.
Apparently I am to be a DJ for the first part of the evening, before taking the stage for the first gig. My taste is very diverse, much of which will probably not create the right atmosphere before I play. I enjoy music in many ways and one of them (as a songwriter) is in the way songs and lyrics are constructed, I can admire a song's construction or it's lyrics/concept/subject matter or all three without it being 'my sort of music' (whatever that might be) and then I end up adoring it.

I love music very, very much and I can hate it too with a vengeance.


No comments: