Thursday 23 January 2014

As the rain falls, my spirits rise (although they are not connected)

My throat is no longer sore, yippee! Feeling good, now on to more planning. Got a whole load of tips from a post on Facebook about remedies for reviving my voice. I cannot predict how good the monitoring will be at the gigs I do in Brazil, so forewarned is forearmed as they say.

I phoned in some final dimensions to Flightcase Warehouse to have a custom built case for my Fender Esprit guitar, ready made for my trip. I want it to be as comfortable as me on my journeys.

I have ordered a special apre performance string cloth to help keep the tone and condition of my strings good  for as long as possible. I can only imagine how sweated over they will be in a climate as hot as Brazil.

Ordered a Post Office Credit card yesterday which is apparently good for making purchases abroad, and picked up 350 Reals in cash so that I have some local currency when I arrive.

Today, I will put together a little press release and send it to the local papers in case they find my little adventure newsworthy, not guaranteed but always worth a try.

Am I doing this too early or am I just well organised, flight date Feb 11th.

Was going to go out for a cycle ride to tone me up fitness wise but it's raining now so another day it must be.


No comments: