Saturday 25 January 2014

Morning has broken and so is my browser!

I decided to test my notebook to see if it will do the job of accompanying me to Brazil to help me communicate via Social Media (and of course this blog) while I away. This notebook is a fairly early model of a type which was notoriously low powered. Tablets eventually overtook them as the small computer of choice.
This notebook is slow as sin but has the advantage of having a decent real keyboard and if it should get lost or stolen it would not be the end of the world (but it would be the end of me communicating so let's hope that doesn't happen!) It is of course lighter than taking a laptop.

I turned it on and it eventually informed me that it needed to install the latest windows updates. So I waited patiently for that to complete and then found I now had Internet Explorer 11 on my machine.
Great I thought, I have the very latest browser now, so I then logged on to blogger.com which immediately started generating errors whilst informing me that my browser was not supported!!!

Ggggrrrrrrr! Back to Chrome then!



No comments: