Wednesday 5 February 2014

I was living in a New Town!

I have just realised that I am focusing so much on the Brazilian trip that I haven't given much thought to my solo appearance at Harlow's Square this Saturday night 8th Feb. Not just because I am playing a solo acoustic set, which I am growing more and more fond of for playing my songs but also the headliner is The Members, A band I have loved for years but never seen. Also we share a creative connection, in 1981 (I think), I took their song Solitary Confinement and adapted it to be Living With Unemployment. It has been a firm favourite in the Neurotics set from then to this day. I don't think that we could do a set without playing it, the audience wouldn't allow it. Like all fantastic songs it can be done in a variety of ways and it still sounds great. I intend to do my first acoustic rendition (in England) on Sat and then we will all get to hear the original later on in the evening.

Perfect!









No comments: